Sausage Fried Rice


I have fond memories of going to restaurants as kid with my family and ordering fried rice every single time.. It didn’t matter what restaurant we were in, what cuisine was their speciality. As a kid, I knew much lesser about different cuisines. So when I wanted to have fried rice at a mughlai restaurant and mum would tell me it’s not the best place for Chinese, I would order it anyway. Sometimes it turned out to be what I expected , and many times, it didn’t .
So now I am glad I can make it home. Anyway, fried rice is easy to make. Needs few ingredients, and requires hardly any cooking time.
One thing you wanna make sure is that the rice you are using is cold, at least not straight from the stove, hot steaming rice. What works for me is just using left over rice straight from the fridge. This ensures that the rice doesn’t become pich poch in the cooking process. Is there a better word for what I am describing?.. Hmmm. I think you’ll understand my point anyway. That’s enough J

To start with, chop your vegetables...... Carrots, beans, spring onions, capsicum. Decide what meat you wanna add. I used chicken sausages for this one. But you have so many options....... Prawns, chicken, just vegetables, egg, pork, anything else you wanna put in.
Beat two eggs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a tbsp of oil. Add the beaten egg and let it scramble and cook. Then add the vegetables; carrots, beans, spring onion whites. Stir fry and let them cook a bit. Beans and carrots chopped finely need hardly any cooking time. When the beans have cooked enough, add the chopped sausage rounds and chopped capsicum. Mix well. Then add salt, pepper powder and a tbsp of soya sauce. Put a dash of ajinomoto. You can skip this ingredient if you want. Your fried rice is still gonna taste great.  Add the cooked rice. And mix well. Before you add the rice, check salt in the vegetable mixture. If needed add some. But remember soya sauce contains salt. So don’t go overboard with the salt. Add a little soya sauce if needed. Add the spring onion greens. And you are done........ Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Hey Rona!! Loved your Blog! Liked the idea of adding chicken sausages to the fried rice... I have some sausages in my fridge and was wondering what could be done with them apart from Hot Dogs... would definitely try this one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sneha and welcome !!!!!!!!!!! Go ahead with trying this dish. n Enjoy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what's going to be my dinner Tom night . Sausages calling !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment