Chicken in Cream and Wine

Continental food............. Always fascinates me. There's something that's very appealing about tossing in some wine and cream and herbs into a pan. So that's why I decided to try out this recipe.
Boneless pieces of chicken, cleaned , cut and drained. I started with marinating the chicken with salt, pepper and flour. Just let it sit aside for about 15 mins and then shallow fried it in a pan, till it was cooked and had a nice golden brown coating.


For the sauce, I heated two tbsps of olive oil and fried some onions. Then add chopped mushrooms, chopped spinach leaves and poured half a cup of wine. I used rice wine, but I guess any sweet white wine will do. Tossed the chicken back into the pan and let it mix with the wine. Sprinkled basil and oregano and lastly poured half a cup of cream. Added some salt, mustard powder and the dish was ready ....... And it went perfectly well with some ravioli with prawn butter garlic filling in white sauce. The recipe for which will be  up soon...........

Comments