Bring on the Brinjal

People, I got to admit , I have never been a fan of brinjal. . Didn't like it, hardly ate it and rarely ever cooked it. . But then I thought it was unfair that this vegetable was being sidelined in the house. Come on, it can't be that bad. There had to be some dish that made me like it. I looked through my books and nothing seemed to interest me, till I hit upon the idea of mixing it with some good ol soya sauce. So here's the thing, this is the way I finally enjoy eating brinjal, and if you try it,  maybe you'll like it too. . And yes I kept it simple.
All I used to make this dish was :
2 Brinjals
Cornflour
1 egg
Soya Sauce
Tomato Ketchup,
Salt n Pepper
Oil
Spring onions
Garlic
And here is how you make it :
First, beat the egg and mix it with some cornflour to make a fairly thick batter. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cut the brinjals into rounds.Heat some oil, enough to shallow fry the brinjal rounds. Dip the brinjal in the batter and fry , maybe for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. This will depend how thin you cut the brinjal. When they are golden brown, take them out of the pan and put on paper towels to take off the excess oil. In very little oil, fry the spring onion whites and chopped garlic. Next, add the fried brinjal, toss in some soya sauce and ketchup and you are ready to go. Just garnish with some spring onion greens.
Now I would think this hardly is a recipe, but then again good idea I would think. . So how about you make brinjal a favourite in the house?,,,,,,,

Comments