Pavalova with Peaches and Cream




Now, there’s something about the sound of a  pavalova that makes you wanna try it right away. . . The main part of a pavalova is the meringue and trust me I've had my own fears about making one. So I read this recipe so many times before finally gathering the courage to try it.  If you are a Masterchef (Australia) fan , you would’ve noticed that it’s a favourite in every season, and they bring Donna Hay on the show for this one. So best thing to do, is to  follow her recipe.

Now , you can go ahead with this one without a worry, coz I have tried and tested it out for you. It should go on without a fumble. So here goes :
What you will need :
4 egg whites
1 cup castor sugar
2tbsp corn flour
2 tsp vinegar.
Here’s how you do it :
Preheat the oven to 150 C.
Beat egg whites till stiff peaks form. I used the electric beater. It made the job so much easier and faster. Gradually add the sugar and whisk till the whites are stiff and glossy. Add the corn flour and vinegar. Whisk till combined. The vinegar makes it glossy and the corn flour gives it the marshmallow texture.
Line a baking tray with baking paper. Now though traditionally pavalovas are made as one large meringue, I decided to make mini meringues. So here’s what I did. Gently put the egg white mixture in a piping bag and make mini meringues on the baking paper.  Put in the oven and immediately reduce to 120 C. Bake for 1 hr 20 mins. And that’s how simple it is. The meringue will be a little crusty on the outside  and marshmallowy on the inside.
Now here’s the fun part. The filling for the meringue is cream and fruit. Traditionally berries are used, but hey who says you got to go by the book. Use your creativity and combine with fruits of your choice. I used peaches with whipped cream. Let me know what you do. To make the pavalova complete, cut it using a serrated knife, and fill it with some sweetened whipped cream and cut fruits. Heavenly!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes a gorgeous dessert and oh just wait for the compliments to pour in.... I sure did feast on them.......... Thank you Donna Hay.



Comments