Avocado Cheesecake (No Bake)




Another cheat's recipe, nonetheless very welcoming and a total treat. I love experimenting with no bake desserts and they seem like quite the easy thing to do. Make a delicious crunchy base, a creamy filling and a decadent topping if you want to go that extra mile.That's it.  My no bake desserts mostly involve the usual suspects; chocolate ganache, cream cheese, whipped cream, fruit pulp. It really is a matter of mix and match and you can come up with some real wonders. What makes them the most tempting is that they take hardly any cooking time, and all they require is a little setting time in the refrigerator.

Having found 3 avocados in my fruit basket, all ripened at the same time, I contemplated if I should scoop and freeze them, till of course I reasoned out that Thursday nights required dessert to finish off a mid week meal. Like the usual procedure for cooking goes in my house, I try to make do with what ingredients are freely available in the house, rather than go hunting that minute for special ingredients. This way, it stays simple and doesn't become time consuming either.

I used 5 ingredients to make this dessert, if you skip the butter -biscuit base. and I must be honest with you, the end product was nowhere close to the effort I put in. . . . .  .Too little effort, too much deliciousness.

To make my cheesecake, I started with making the base, the usual butter and biscuit combination, this time, noting down the exact proportions of butter and biscuit  to put here, since I usually go with what looks just right. I prefer putting the biscuits in the mixie to powder them, though you can go with the "put in a ziplock and bash em hard with a rolling pin " method. Whatever suits you . Also I melt the butter to mix with the powdered biscuits; just makes life easier. Just toss the butter in a microwavable mixing bowl and heat for about 30 seconds. Once you start mixing the biscuits and butter, they'll resemble the texture of wet sand. You can press them into the base of a loose bottom tin or spring-form pan with the back of a spatula. Of course I use my trusted mini pink piggy spatula; such a cutie.








To make the filling, once I let the gelatin to bloom, I just blended all the other ingredients in the mixie till it turned in a smooth creamy filling. If you are not comfortable with using gelatin or have had issues using it, do read my earlier post No bake mango cheesecake , for some tips about using gelatin. I added lime to the filling; not only does it give a lovely taste to the mix, it also prevents the avocados from turning brown once scooped . To scoop the avocados, I find it easiest to run a knife through them horizontally and then twist it to separate the two halves. Just take out the seed, and scoop the fruit with a spoon. Once the gelatin is blended into the filling , it is  ready to be poured over the base. All it will need now is some chilling time in the fridge.




What I loved most about this dessert is that it had a lovely creamy texture and I felt less guilty about eating a large wedge of it, considering I tried keeping it healthy, with the whole avocado and low fat cream combination. I used regular Amul Cream, that doesn't require any whipping or anything.
Mix, chill, and indulge this weekend!!!!!




No Bake Avocado Cheesecake


Ingredients :

For the base :
200 gms digestive biscuits (powdered in a blender)
50 gms butter (melted )

For the filling :
1 1/2 tbsp gelatin
4 tbsp water.
3 ripe avocados
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup condensed milk
200 ml low fat cream

Method :

1. Start with making the base. Mix the powdered biscuits and melted butter in a bowl, till it resembles a sandy texture. Press into the base of an 8 inch loose bottomed cake tin with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Keep aside.
2. In a small microwavable bowl, mix the gelatin and water and keep aside.
3. Into a blender, toss in the scooped avocado fruit, condensed milk, juice of a lime and cream. Blend till it becomes a smooth creamy texture.
4. Melt the gelatin mixture by heating it in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds till it turns into a clear mixture. Add it to the mix in the blender and blend again till well combined.
5. Pour the filling over the biscuit base and leave the cheesecake to set in the fridge for about 4 hours.

Comments