Ferrero Rocher Oreo Cheesecake (No Bake)




No bake desserts have hit me like the plague. Yes, I am still a baker at heart, there's no denying that. I'm still up for baking a cake at midnight, or buying another baking book to add to my collection. That being said, no bake desserts are a huge help when you have lesser time to spare or just want to cut down some effort. And more over, who doesn't love a chilled dessert at summer time?


So, this gorgeous dessert took its beginnings from a box of ferreros lying in my fridge. As much as I love them, I felt too guilty about eating all of them by myself, one piece a night. So, I managed to resist the temptation that was lurking around and decided I'd make a cheesecake for an upcoming family lunch. It's a good idea to end your lunch party with a great dessert, that way, people can forgive any flaws that surfaced at lunch or in your meal.


For this cheesecake, I kept it pretty simple. A thick cookies and cream crust with Oreos and butter, and cream cheese for the filling sounded like heaven on a plate. And hours later, tasted like a slice of heaven too. I don't remember myself being more eager to eat any other dessert I ever made. While you can roughly bash up the biscuits for the base using a rolling pin, I prefer tossing the biscuits into a mixie to powder them. This way, I can ensure a smooth crust for the cheesecake. Although whipped cream and cream cheese together will set on their own given enough time in the refrigerator, I decided to add a bit of gelatin to speed up the process, considering I was making the dessert just a couple of hours before my guests arrived. I didn't want to end up with a half set dessert that just plonked all over a plate instead of a lovely nice wedge of cheesecake. If you haven't used gelatin before or are not too comfortable using it, do read this post that will give you some tips about using gelatin. Trust me, gelatin can be your friend.

I was convinced the ferreros would suffice to carry off the dessert on their own, but just to make it extra indulgent I decided to add some bits of Oreo in the filling as well. Another great decision made in the kitchen. Proud of me.  I've used a mix of whipping cream and low fat cream in this recipe. The whipping cream for some volume and the low fat cream to keep it light. I used Amul low fat cream.
Also, since I was very keen on posting this recipe, I did note down, exact measures of all the ingredients I used, something I very rarely do, while going freehand with my own recipe. Yes, gratitude accepted.


Let's get started then.

Ferrero Rocher and Oreo Cheesecake 

Ingredients :

 For the crust :
300 gm Oreo biscuits (powdered)
50 gm butter (melted)

For the filling :

1 1/2 tbsp gelatin
4 tbsp water
150 ml whipping cream
6 tbsp powdered sugar
200 gm cream cheese
400 ml low fat cream
1 tbsp vanilla essence
8 ferrero rochers
150 gm Oreo biscuits

8 Ferrero rocher chocolates to decorate.


1. Start with making the crust. In a bowl, mix the powdered oreos and melted butter with a spoon till the mixture resembles wet sand.
2. Press this mixture using the back of a spoon, into the base of a 9 inch spring form/ loose bottom cake tin, lined with parchment paper,  Set aside.
3. For the filling, start with the gelatin. In a microwave safe bowl, mix the gelatin and water with a spoon and keep aside to allow the gelatin to bloom.
4.  In a separate large bowl, beat the whipping cream till soft peaks form. Add the sugar, softened cream cheese and beat till well incorporated.
5. Toss in the vanilla essence and low fat cream and mix till just incorporated.
6. Roughly break  the oreos and ferreros by hand and add to the above mixture.
7. Melt the gelatin and water mixture by putting it in the microwave for about 10- 15 seconds, till the mixture looks clear and is without any lumps.
8. Add the melted gelatin mixture to the cream cheese mixture and stir well. Pour the filling over the prepared biscuit crust.
9. Allow to set in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 -3 hours.
10. About an hour after the dessert has been chilling in the refrigerator, decorate the top of the cheesecake with the leftover ferrero rochers. 

Comments