Biscuit Log with Whipped cream and Brandy


I don’t know the origin of this recipe, but I do remember making it as a kid, on some evenings where suddenly there would be a craving for a dessert. I’d look around in the house for some ingredients readily available. Some biscuits, some butter, some coffee decoction, some sugar, cocoa powder, some chilling time and alas there would be a gorgeous dessert to devour. So the other day, I got all nostalgic and wanted to recreate this recipe. Adventurous that I am in the kitchen, wanted to add some more elements to make it sound, look and taste something totally gourmet. I think this was goal achieved..............
So to begin with, mix butter, sugar , cocoa powder till soft and fluffy. Use proportions according to your taste. You want it buttery, chocolaty, or sweet. However, don’t make it too buttery. This will make it too hard when it has been chilled in the fridge.  Make a small quantity of coffee decoction with instant coffee powder. Mix a spoon of brandy, or more depending on how much brandy flavour you wanna taste in your dessert.. If you’re not a big fan of brandy, try rum, whiskey, and if you like, you can skip the alcohol bit.
I used marie biscuits for this dessert. Dip the biscuit in the decoction and place it on a plate. Apply the butter mix on the side facing up. Take the next biscuit, dip it in the decoction and place on top of the first biscuit, and then apply the butter mix on the side facing up. Continue the same method with the other biscuits. This is your log. Don’t make it too tall. Maybe 6 to 8 biscuits should be sufficient for one log. Pour a little of the remaining decoction and pour on the log. And apply the remaining butter mix on the sides of the log. Keep in the fridge. This will help the log set.

To serve with whipped cream, use chilled fresh cream and whip it till it thickens. Add icing sugar to make it sweet and put a dollop of cream with each log...... enjoy!!!!!!!!!!! I totally did

Comments

  1. Yummmmmmmm... This is one of my favorites!!!

    Love your blog Rona...

    Keep cooking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! This is so much similar to tiramisu that I make.. It looks so tempting!! (Nicely Shot!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sneha, I just tried a different way of making a childhood special
    Will put up a recipe of the tiramisu I make soon.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment