Sunshine Cupcakes


Sunshine Cupcakes :
They are all yellow.... That’s why the sunshine tag.... I promised you the recipe for these cupcakes and hey guess what ... I’m keeping my promise. So these cupcakes happened after a visit to Martha Stewart’s website. Geez, that website has so much to read.  Recipes all over.... I had a hard time deciding which one I wanted to try. I finally decided to go with Divies Chocloate Cupcakes, simply because I had all the ingredients, the recipe was simple and the method so effortless. There’s hardly anything you need to do.
To make em, you will need    
1 ½ cups flour
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
5 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups water.
Getting closer now to making these wonderful things.
First things first. Preheat the oven to 175 C, line the muffin tin with cupcake liners
Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder , baking soda and salt. Keep aside. In a separate bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, vanilla and water. I know this method sounds rather different. I had my apprehensions about trying it, but you don’t have to ,cause I’ve tested it out for you. Add the flour mixture and combine till smooth. The batter is bound to be a lil watery. Don’t worry. You’re doing just fine.
Pour into cupcake moulds and bake for about 20 to 25 mins. Check with a toothpick if the cakes are done.  And there you go. Cupcakes are ready...... Wasn’t that easy?........ No beating butter, no separating eggs and no folding in flour. Could it get anymore easier.
For the frosting,  I made vanilla and rum fresh cream icing and added yellow food colour to make them look extra bright and sunshiny........ You can experiment with flavours. Use about 300 gms chilled cream, 3 tbsps sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and a hint of rum. Use whatever colour you would like and beat all the ingredients together till the cream forms stiff peaks. Don’t overbeat.  Chill the icing for about ½ an hour and then decorate as you like. And there are no rules about what flavours you might use for the icing. Use what you think will be a great a great combination with the chocolate cupcakes....... All for now...... Have fun.........
And oh if there’s any recipe you would like me to try for you, or improve on, I wouldn’t mind at all to give it a try. Mail me the recipes or anything you would like to see on my blog. A happy reader is all I need to keep going. Waiting to hear from you : ronamarlene@gmail.com 

Comments