Zebra Cake


Im back from the biggest break ever, from two really busy months and I couldn’t wait to get back to my baking and my blog. So let’s get back right away.

I thought i’d share this recipe for a Zebra cake I tried a while ago. It was simple to make and what really made me try this recipe is that I found it fun to make the little zebra circles.  J

 Silly me , I forgot to take a picture of the cake when it was cut. That would’ve shown pretty layers of chocolate and vanilla. Sigh. You’ll have to see it when you make this cake J

So lets gets started

Zebra Cake

Recipe source :http://www.browneyedbaker.com/    ( Such a fabulous website by the way. Take a look)

Ingredients :

 4 eggs

1 cup sugar

1 cup milk

1 cup oil

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/8th tsp almond extract

2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder

1/4th tsp salt

2 ½ tbsp cocoa

Start by preheating the oven 175 C. Grease a 9 inch sound cake pan.

Sift the flour , salt and baking powder.

Its such an easy recipe . In a large bowl beat the eggs and sugar till it is light and creamy. Stir in the milk, oil ,the vanilla and almond extracts. Mix in the flour and fold it in till well combined.

Take out two cups of the batter and put it a medium bowl. Sift in the cocoa into the mixture. So now you have two  mixtures, one vanilla and the one with cocoa.

Time to pour the batter into the cake pans. First pour 3 tbsp of the vanilla batter and let it spread on its own. Then , gently put 3 tbsp of the cocoa batter and let it spread. It will spread out, pushing the white layer out.
Continue this way, alternating between the vanilla and cocoa batter till all is used up.

        

                                                    I love my stripes, says the Zebra.
        
 Bake for about 35- 40 mins, or till a toothpick comes out clean.
 I decorated the cake with some cream Icing, some choclate rings and voila,...... This cake came to be...





                                    A closer look at the chocolate rings I made. First try and was very happy with the result. I promise a tutorial for it sometime sooooooooon... 

 Till then Happy Baking!!!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Tried making this and i must say it was so easy cos you have given directions so well. You just can't go wrong. Thanks Rona, my family enjoyed eating this cake as much as i did enjoy baking it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment