Oven Baked Chicken


Time for an easy, no fuss, dinner recipe. This is a recipe I had on my Pinterest board , that I wanted to try almost as soon as I read it. Perfect for me, it turned out I had all the ingredients and of course I had to add my own to them. So oven baked chicken; sounds good, tastes even better. 

So lets get to it.

I didn’t really follow any exact measurements, I rarely do, except while baking cakes. So go by your taste. What do you want more of, spice, sweetness, ????

Clean and score the chicken. I used only leg and thighs for this dish. I guess you could use any part of the chicken. Preheat the oven to 225 C. I find it better to put the chicken into a very hot oven and then reduce the temperature and let it cook.

Make a marinade , mixing together brown sugar, tomato ketchup, chilly sauce, soya sauce, crushed cloves of garlic, chopped ginger, salt. Make sure you taste the marinade before adding salt, considering that soya sauce contains salt. Taste the marinade and add more of what you like. I didn’t want it too sweet with the ketchup and brown sugar, so I added a little more of chilly suace. Rub the marinade over the chicken and pour the rest into the dish. I didn’t have time to marinate the chicken and so I put it straight into the oven. Let it cook at 225 C for about 25 mins and then reduce the temperature to 150 C and cook for about 45 mins to 1 hr, till the chicken is cooked thoroughly. You will know the chicken is done, when you insert a knife into the pieces and clear juices flow out. And thats about it.  The chicken, was juicy and tender, sticky and sweet and I couldn't ask more
 What could be stopping you from trying this dish?

 Easy, simple and YUM!!!!!!!

Comments