Drop Scones

Breakfast is my problem area. I need to constantly break my head over what to cook for the most important meal of the day. And yes I need something that won't require too much time in the kitchen, in all that morning chaos of leaving the house for work. Something that doesn't involve soaking rice the previous day, or grind a batter early morning. I turn to my favourite breakfast book; Muffins and breads, digging for that fast, simple and easy to make recipe. And yes I find one; Drop scones. So, basically, drop scones are pancakes and are cooked over a frying pan. They can be served with jam, fruit, marmalade ( btw, I just tried making marmalade and it was a success. I'll post the recipe after a couple more trials to make sure its fool proof )
Bananas, strawberries, blueberry preserve, honey, butter, cheese, you choose what to serve it with. You can play around with this batter. A bit of nutmeg, dry fruits, cinnamon, ginger or mixed spice, can makes these pancakes more interesting. So as with all the recipes I share, this one is simple, easy , tried and tested.
This recipe makes about 15 pancakes. All you will need is


150 g flour
A pinch of soda bicarb
55 g powdered sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
185 ml milk, approx

The batter is so simple to make. All you got to do, is sift the dry ingredients first. Make a well in the center and stir in the egg and gradually enough milk to make a smooth , creamy batter that is of pouring consistency.






Heat a pan, grease it will some oil and add dessertspoons of batter, allowing it to spread a bit. When bubbles begin to appear, turn the scones and cook till they are lightly browned on the other side. Make sure you serve them warm. Some jam, or butter beside will be just great.
There. . Breakfast dilemma for one day gone!!!! Phew!!!!



Comments