Linguine with Chicken and Cream Cheese Sauce

Hello people. . . Im not going to say anything about the two months I didn't post anything. I don't want to talk about the guilt of not having put up a single post in the month of June, and definitely not going to go on and on about how bad I feel

Moving on..........

This is the master of easy peasy pasta recipes. I used Linguine to make this dish, you could also try it with fettucine, spaghetti, or plain noodles. Linguine is just like spaghetti just slighlty thinner apparently. Anyway. . I stumbled upon this website while getting my daily dose of pinterest, which became almost an addiction in between. Thankfully I have gained a better control now on my need to pin crazy amount of recipes everyday.
So the recipe is for Cajun Chicken Pasta and calls for cajun spices. And No, I didn't have any of that, and I have no idea what spices are in a cajun spice mix and so I just used spices I had in handy. Pepper and Paprika ,garlic to be specific. Sounded cajun enough for me.

The dish is very simple to make, and comes together very quickly once you have all your vegetables chopped. From there on it's just toss, stir and mix.

Here's how we do it

First let's prep

So CHOP and keep aside


  • 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 200 gms fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2  onion, sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 medium tomatoes, diced


  • Then in a bowl MIX and keep aside


  • 1 cup Chicken stock ( I dissolved a maggie cube in 1 cup hot water)
  • 1/3 cup  milk
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 3 tbsp cream cheese ( I used Britannia)

  • SEASON and keep aside
    250 gms chicken breast cut into bits


  • salt
  •  Pepper
  • 1 tsp paprika.
  • 1 tsp Garlic powder

  • BOIL and COOK


  •  250 gms linguine pasta. ( cook in salted water and according to package intructions)
  • If you are new to pasta or need some help with cooking pasta check this post.

  • It might seem like a lot but really its just 4 steps so far. And now the best part of bringing it all together.
    Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and toss the seasoned chicken. Toss it around and let it cook . It should take around 5 to 8 mins. Take it out of the pan . Keep aside to toss back later.

     Then in the same pan, toss in all your chopped veggies. Season with salt and pepper powder and let it cook for about 4- 5 mins. Add the chicken broth mixture. Stir for about two mins.

    Put the cooked chicken back into the pan. Check for salt and then toss in the cooked linguine or pasta you are using. Turn off the heat. A little spring onion garnish and TADA!!!!!!! we're ready to amaze.
    My husband the foodie on duty absolutely loved the dish and was contmplating on making it a weekly special. Try it out. It's easy, colourful , tasty and healthy too Im told. You'll want to make it over and over again.










    Comments