No Bake Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut Cheesecake.

This cheesecake is too good to be true, too easy to make and definitely fail proof. What first was the result of an experiment has now become my go to cheesecake recipe and the loveliest thing about it, is that I came up with the recipe on my own. Oh yeah!!! Makes me proud of me.




How it all began: It all began with lots of swiss chocolate brut bars that I had lying around in my kitchen. Long story about why I had them in the first place. Anyway, I was determined not to eat them all at once, instead I wanted to try making a "oh so fancy dessert " with it.  It had to be a "no bake ",  so I could keep it simple. I thought a lot about what ingredients I'd want to mix it with it. I knew an oreo crust would add to the charm and cream cheese seemed like a perfect ingredient to go along. Though I figured the cheesecake would probably not need gelatine considering the chocolate would set as it cooled, I used some gelatine anyway to make the cheesecake a bit firm in texture. Like a lot of the recipes I advocate, this is a cheat's version for cheesecake, so don't look at it under a culinary lense of what makes a cheesecake. That being said, I can assure you this makes for a gorgeous dessert and considering that it is so simple to make, kinda makes it all the more tempting and a  perfect choice for parties. Ask my friends, they'll tell you.


To start with, I made the cheesecake crust. I used oreo biscuits. You can go with plain digestive biscuits and they'll make a good combination too. I roughly powdered the biscuits using a fork and the back of a spoon, wanting them to retain a crunch, but you can toss the biscuits in the blender and roughly powder them if you like. Next mix with the butter and press the crumbs in to the base of a loose bottom cake tin or a springform pan. I used an 8 inch tin.


The filling is next and is just as simple. Start with melting the chocolate. I roughly chopped it into little squares and then put it in the microwave for about a minute and then 10 second spurts. Stir it after the first one minute and heat until it has just melted. You don't want to burn it. While I used the dark chocolate and hazelnut brut chocolate you don't have to stick to it. You can use any chocolate you like, though I'd agree, the hazelnuts made for great taste and texture. So if you're using some other chocolate, maybe fruit and nut would be a good choice.





In a bowl, mix the gelatine and water and let it bloom for about 10 mins.

 In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese lightly for about a minute. I also added a couple of tablespoons of sugar to sweeten the cream cheese.  Then add the low fat cream ( yes I was doing my bit to keep it "healthy". I used amul cream) and the melted chocolate. Melt the gelatine by putting the gelatine water mixture in the microwave for about 20 - 30 second till it looks like clear liquid. You can also read this earlier post of mine for tips about using gelatine. Add to the cream cheese mixture and pour over the crust. All you got to do now is let it chill in the fridge for a few hours.



That's all there is to do for this cheesecake. When you need to serve, keep it our for about 15 mins before slicing it up into wedges. And that, my darlings is how you make a no bake choco hazelnut cheesecake.



If you liked this recipe for No bake cheesecake or would like to see more no bake recipes on the blog, please leave your comments on the blog. Would love to hear from you.


No Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake.

Ingredients :

90 gms butter, melted
300gms oreo biscuits
250 gms dark chocolate and hazelnut bar, roughly chopped.
200 gms cream cheese
200 ml low fat cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
3/4 tbsp gelatine

1. Roughly crush the biscuits using a fork or by pulsing it in a blender. Mix with the butter and press into the base of a springform pan using the back of a spoon. Set aside.
2. In a bowl mix the gelatine with 3 tbsp water and leave aside.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave for one minute and then in 10 second spurts till it is just melted.
4. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and icing sugar. Add the cream and the melted chocolate.
5. Put the gelatine water mixture in the microwave for about 20 seconds till it looks clear. Add to the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
6. Pour the filling over the oreo crust and set in the fridge for 4-5 hours.

Comments