Choco Chip Banana Muffins


Now, I often say I am an obsessed baker at heart, but I need to change that to obsessed with baking with bananas baker, coz that, my comrades is what I really am. I probably need to have a separate section of baking with bananas recipes and I'm pretty sure I'll have quite the collection there. Of the many banana recipes I've posted all this while, I do absolutely adore this recipe for Banana butterscotch pudding and if I were to pick a banana bread recipe I'd definitely pick this whole wheat banana bread recipe.


I've made these muffins often enough , which means they've made it to my big blue book of treasured recipes. It's quite the filtering process for recipes to get into my book. Now, firstly coz I've handwritten recipes there, I want to make sure I put absolutely loved recipes there, and also I need to be sure these are recipes I'll want to make over and over again. Over the years, I've written down over 200 tried and tested recipes that are very dear to me. From my mum's recipe for chicken sukka to my mum in law's recipe for pork indad, to my aunt's recipe for Christmas fruit cake, I've got it all stashed there and I will share more recipes from my book very soon.


I'm staying quite true to my goals for the year and that includes posting recipes more often here on my blog. I am also working on another blog, more details of which I will share as I finish some work on it. I am told that "resolutions" are outdated and "goals" are the new "new year tradition" so what are your goals for 2019. I'd love to hear.

Moving on to the recipe now.  Here goes :


Choco Chip Banana Muffins

Ingredients:


113 gms/ 1/2 cup or 1 stick butter
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
4 ripe bananas
1/4 cup milk
2 cups flour
11/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup choco chips

Method :

1. Preheat the oven to  175. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners and keep aside. 
2. Toss the butter into a large bowl. A large one, because this is a one bowl recipe, so you'll need something large enough to hold all the ingredients together at the end. Aren't one bowl recipes the best?
3. On medium speed, beat the butter with the sugar till it is pale and creamy. Add the eggs one by one. 
4. Toss in the peeled bananas. I don't really bother mashing them first, specially when they are overripe. The beater will do that bit for me. Follow this with the milk. 
5. The mixture might look curdled at this time, but worry you not. It'll set fine as you add the flour. 
6. Hold a sieve over the bowl and sift in the flour, baking powder and baking soda gently. Fold in with a wooden spoon. Put tablespoons of mixture into the cupcake molds and bake them for about 18 minutes. 
7. No doubt over whether these are best when eaten warm. 




Comments